Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pinch Me!

Are we really in Hawaii? Though we’re not totally relaxed (yet), we are very much disconnected from the toils of everyday life on the mainland. This morning, Daddy and Ben shared some bonding time at the Starbucks on the beach; or as Ben says “the coffee store.” Check out the reflection in the glass. Yep... those are palm trees. And no JR... I haven't doctored the photos. :)


After our father-son time, we joined the rest of our family for breakfast by the pool and then off to the beach to play in the sun. We seem to be raising fish as both of our kids want to spend most of their waking hours in the water. The water-wings have given Carson a new sense of freedom. Never before has he ventured into the water on his own but NOW he can. The “deep end” is his new best friend. We’re having a hard time getting the boys OUT of the water. But, then again, water is tantamount with Hawaii so it is to be expected.


At the beach, building sandcastles with motes was the order of the day. The afternoon was spent back at the pool where moms and dads enjoyed adult beverages while the kids played in the pool. What, more water?

What an incredible start to our first major family vacation. We’re building memories here that we’ll have for the rest of our lives. Pinch me! This is truly heaven on earth!

6 comments:

Joe said...

This is SO great! We are jealous of you all. And happy for you. Really. :)

Betsy said...

It sounds wonderful already. Hi to everyone!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bri, Mar, Car, and Ben!

This is so fun following your blog...I just love it. I'm glad you are all enjoying "Heaven on Earth".....soak everything in...it is definitly PARADISE.
Play and play and play.
You all deserve it!!!!.......and
Unk Steve is jealous!

Have a ball! I love you all!
Buy for now....(joke typo)
Unk
P.S. Mahalo

Katie said...

Aloha! Love the blog. Enjoy one another. Blessings across the miles. Katie & family

Anonymous said...

hi to all - glad you made the trip without incident - well, except for the knife! Runs in the family, I guess!
just so you don't worry, Rolle is fine - letting me pet her and even hold her. All is well in Kenmore.
Take a few dips in the surf for me, please. And breath in lots of that pungent wonderful air - I can almost smell it!
Love and hugs and kisses around.
xoxoxoxo
m

Jodi Baba said...

Oh I am so glad the trip went well! Great to see the pics! I'm so jealous ... already at 34 hours for the week ... yes, it's only Wednesday.
Please tell the boys "hi" and you and M have a Mai Tai for me .... The Lundborgs too ... that ought to be plenty =)
ENJOY!!!!!
Love you!